Oklahoma City boy, 11, accused of raping younger sister
An Oklahoma City mother and son were arrested Friday after police were notified a 6-year-old girl had been raped at her home. The mother was arrested on a complaint of failure to report child abuse. The boy was arrested on a rape complaint.
A mother and son were arrested Friday following reports that a 6-year-old girl had been raped, Oklahoma City police said.
Police went to the victim's home in the 4000 block of Rancho Drive about 4:20 p.m. Friday after a state Department of Human Services worker told them the girl had been sexually assaulted by her brother, 11, and her cousin.
The girl told the DHS worker the incident happened Wednesday in her room. She said her mother told her not to tell anyone, according to the police report.
The mother told the DHS worker she did not take the girl to the hospital or report the incident. The brother and the cousin were accusing each other of raping the girl, according to the report.
An older sister told police she found out about the incident Thursday and told her mother, who said she knew about it.
The brother was arrested on a rape complaint and was taken to the Berry House. The mother was arrested on a complaint of failure to report child abuse and was taken to Oklahoma County jail.
The girl was taken to the hospital and then put into protective custody.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 64632Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14648Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8984Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7016Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6971How to help tornado victims
- 6471Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6275Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes