Oklahoma football: Season-ticket prices will not increase for 2013 season
NORMAN — Oklahoma football season-ticket holders won't see a price increase next season.
One season ticket will cost $423 for the second consecutive year, athletic director Joe Castiglione announced in a news release.
“Thanks to the continued passion and loyalty of Oklahoma fans, there truly is no game day atmosphere in America quite like Gaylord Family — Oklahoma Memorial Stadium,” Castiglione said in a statement. “We are holding season ticket prices steady this season as a way to recognize and thank our dedicated fans for their unwavering support.”
The news comes weeks after South Carolina increased its season-ticket prices by $45 for 2013, and Texas A&M — which beat the Sooners 41-13 two months ago in the Cotton Bowl — announced a $25 increase.
Also last month, the NBA's Oklahoma City Thunder announced a small increase in its season-ticket prices for 2013-14.
Oklahoma season-ticket renewals for 2013 are available online. Fans who renew by Wednesday will have all processing fees waived, and will be afforded a new four-month payment plan option.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 18732Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 15952Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 10745How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 2753Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 2638Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say