ESPN suspends columnist from Twitter after 'First Take' criticism
ESPN has suspended columnist Bill Simmons from Twitter for a few days after he criticized the network’s controversial “First Take” show, according to Deadspin.
The site reports that Simmons was told to lie low for a few days and hasn’t tweeted since Monday.
Here’s a look at the two tweets that reportedly got him into trouble:
I am not defending this segment - youtu.be/j6x-O3kb1sI - I thought it was awful and embarrassing to everyone involved. Seriously.— Bill Simmons (@BillSimmons) March 8, 2013
But what bothers me about the reaction to that segment is people saying Richard Sherman "won." Nobody won. Everyone lost. Including ESPN.— Bill Simmons (@BillSimmons) March 8, 2013
Read the rest of this post on the original site »
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14439Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9547Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7937Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 7761Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6962Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6428Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6287Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister