Billions in back taxes owed by federal employees
The Associated Press reported the IRS has come up with a total of 312,000 people who haven't paid all of the income tax owed. It was a paltry sum — only $3.5 billion. Yes, billion! Who are these taxpayers? You had better sit down for this: They're federal employees! There should be some method to garnish paychecks to recover this money since the one signing the paycheck is the one owed the money.
NewsOK Related Articles
Bill Rupert, Midwest City
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 17205Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9411Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9383Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6982Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6824Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6420Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6294Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit