Two die in crashes on Oklahoma roads
Lacy Ky-Ann Green, 17, of Granite, and Brenda S. Beck, 29, of Coalgate, died Saturday in separate vehicle accidents, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported.
Two people died in crashes Saturday on rural Oklahoma roads, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported.
Lacy Ky-Ann Green, 17, Granite
Green was a passenger in a vehicle that overturned just before 1 a.m. Saturday at Greer County roads 2040 and 1390 north east of Granite, troopers said.
She died at the scene. Six other people, including the driver, were injured. All were taken to a hospital in Altus and four were admitted, troopers said.
No one was wearing a seat belt, troopers said.
Brenda S. Beck, 29, Coalgate
About 7:30 a.m. Saturday, Beck was driving a sport utility vehicle on a Coal County road about four miles east of Coalgate.
The car went off the road and rolled, troopers said. Beck died at the scene, troopers said.
A passenger was taken by helicopter to a Tulsa hospital and admitted, troopers said. No one was wearing a seat belt, troopers said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11434Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11103Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9903Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8455Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4574Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4269Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4107OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M