High school baseball: Players to watch for the 2013 season
Dale's Evan Anderson, Stillwater's Ryder Jones and Leedey's Drew Ward are among the players to watch this season.
Evan Anderson, Dale: One of the top left-handed arms in the country, the Ole Miss signee also hit .511 with 12 home runs as a junior.
NewsOK Related Articles
KEY DATES FOR BASEBALL SEASON
April 6: Moore teams vs. Edmond teams at Bricktown Ballpark
April 20: Class A and B district to be completed
April 25-27: Class A and B regionals
April 27: Class 4A-2A district to be completed
May 2-4: Class 6A-2A regionals
May 2-4: Class A and B state tournaments
May 9-11: Class 6A-2A state tournaments
Ryder Jones, Stillwater: The infielder hit .447 with 11 home runs and 41 RBIs.
Gavin LaValley, Carl Albert: The junior, moving from first base to third base this season, hit 16 home runs and drove in 53 last season.
Lane Paul, Tuttle: The catcher hit .453 with 5 home runs and 40 RBIs as a junior.
Drew Ward, Leedey: The newly reclassified senior hit .541 with three home runs and 15 RBIs last season despite injury problems.
Nick Ward, Southmoore: The right-hander with 8-0 with a 1.40 ERA and more than a strikeout per inning last season.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 11884OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10282Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7018Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5955Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5764Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4633Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4517Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers