Thunder bus rolls in for visit at Norman's YMCA Camp
Children attending the Cleveland County YMCA spring break camp got to meet the Oklahoma City Thunder Girls, have their photos taken with Rumble and select a free book when the Rolling Thunder Book Bus paid them a visit.
NORMAN — Children attending the Cleveland County YMCA spring break camp got a chance to select a free book when the Oklahoma City Thunder's Rolling Thunder Book Bus paid them a visit.
Stocked with nearly 3,000 books, the converted school bus is part of the Oklahoma City NBA team's Thunder Read to Achieve program. The bus travels to schools, community centers, parks and museums throughout the year to promote reading.
Children at the YMCA spring break camp got to select one free book each on Tuesday, meet the Thunder Girls and have their photos taken with Rumble, the Thunder mascot.
News Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 22453Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12179Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10764Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9050Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8838Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8708Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8233Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister