The Digital Desk showcases variety and changes on NewsOK
A weekly recap of happenings on NewsOK.com in the third week of March.
The Digital Desk — a new era
First things first. Let’s talk about this blog … I launched this blog in October of 2008 when we last did a major redesign of NewsOK. It started as a way to communicate daily changes to the NewsOK redesign with our audience. Over the years, it’s kept the same basic theme of communicating updates about NewsOK. However, we started a new era this week. A host of new authors have joined the blog and will be posting weekly. The idea is to give the NewsOK audience a window into the hearts and minds of those who work on NewsOK — or other digital initiatives — every day. There are a wide variety of authors on the blog now, and I hope it increases the reach of this blog and helps showcase the talent behind the digital curtains.
SXSW — the NewsOK coverage
I ran into George Lang in newsroom halls on Tuesday. He was fresh off his trip to Austin with video director Dave Morris to cover the SXSW for LOOKatOKC and Static. George was tired. We talked briefly about the multitude of videos and articles that were produced while they were there. It was a lot.
Here is just one example: A story about local band Skating Polly.
And an exclusive video interview with Skating Polly:
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients