Norman massage therapist faces sexual assault charges
A Norman massage therapist was arrested at a massage parlor Wednesday after women filed complaints he sexually assaulted them.
NORMAN — A Norman massage therapist has been charged in Cleveland County District Court with five felony counts of sexual battery stemming from client complaints.
Walter Hugh McLauchlan, 38, was arrested Wednesday at Serenity Massage, 1005 N Flood Ave., where police detectives said they went undercover to investigate complaints from three women.
According to a court affidavit, the women told police a man named “Mac” touched them in a “lewd and lascivious manner without their consent.”
A female detective went undercover to the massage parlor and was assaulted by a man who identified himself as “Mac,” the affidavit states.
The first complaint came in February. The undercover officer said she received two other complaints from women in June. She returned to the massage parlor and was assaulted a second time by the same man.
McLauchlan remained in the Cleveland County jail Thursday in lieu of bail set at $20,000.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 82322Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14350Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8268Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7560Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7513How to help tornado victims
- 6279Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5999Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community