Norman massage therapist faces sexual assault charges
A Norman massage therapist was arrested at a massage parlor Wednesday after women filed complaints he sexually assaulted them.
NORMAN — A Norman massage therapist has been charged in Cleveland County District Court with five felony counts of sexual battery stemming from client complaints.
Walter Hugh McLauchlan, 38, was arrested Wednesday at Serenity Massage, 1005 N Flood Ave., where police detectives said they went undercover to investigate complaints from three women.
According to a court affidavit, the women told police a man named “Mac” touched them in a “lewd and lascivious manner without their consent.”
A female detective went undercover to the massage parlor and was assaulted by a man who identified himself as “Mac,” the affidavit states.
The first complaint came in February. The undercover officer said she received two other complaints from women in June. She returned to the massage parlor and was assaulted a second time by the same man.
McLauchlan remained in the Cleveland County jail Thursday in lieu of bail set at $20,000.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 35743Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 30080Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 9255Tornado levels homes in trailer park
- 7252Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6705OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3930Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3921OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures