Random 10 for June 28, 2007
1. The Go Find, “Dictionary.”
2. The Flaming Lips, “Bohemian Rhapsody.” Almost too pointillistically accurate until it gets into the “Beshmillah!” section, then it will remind you of those uber-demonic vocal arrangements Dave Fridmann and the boys put together during the Priest-Driven Ambulance period.
3. Hot Chip, “Colours.”
4. Saint Etienne, “Sun in My Morning.”
5. Dustin O’Halloran, “Opus 23.”
6. Patton Oswalt, “Wackity Schmackity Doo!” Our sick troll friend could peel the happy off the Wiggles with the ferocity of his brilliantly nasty standup. He never goes where you expect, and Werewolves and Lollipops is a worthy follow-up to 2004′s Feelin’ Kinda Patton. He is my favorite current comedian, and I’d listen to him in the car if I weren’t either afraid of plowing into the divider or turning my son into a complete sicko ahead of his time. On Werewolves, he takes down a heckler with such merciless rancor that the guy’s probably either still crying or turned monastic, or both.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6223Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5055Oklahoma City psychiatrist fined $25K for letting students write prescriptions
- 4821Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients