If it’s not cash, then it’s the bomb, the bomb, the bomb, the bomb, the bomb, the bomb, the bomb that will bring us together
According to Billboard, Morrissey turned down $75 million to “tour under the Smiths name in 2008 and/or 2009.” The only proviso to the deal is that Johnny Marr would have to be part of the band — Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke are apparently devalued on the Smiths financial index.
To which I say, “Come on!” How much do you have to hate someone to turn down that kind of money? Personally, I don’t care if they ever reunite — Mozz’ band is perfectly capable of playing those songs — but I would get onstage and pretend to like just about anyone for $75 million.
Maybe it’s that “just about” that is the deal breaker, and if that’s the case, these guys must want to take welding torches to one another’s heads.
Who would you get onstage with for $75 million?
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients