2007 MTV Video Music Awards Live Blog, 8 tonight
Chances are, most Staticblog readers will claim to be reading Moliere tonight, orwatching a DVD of a classic Norman Lear sit-com, or they’ll really be watching HBO’s highbrow sex soap “Tell Me You Love Me” coupled with the much anticipated return of “Curb Your Enthusiasm.” That’s just fine, kids — it really is — I’ll just be here, camped out on the couch and enduring the two-hour desperation spectacle that is the “2007 MTV Video Music Awards.”
And no, I don’t have a bad attitude. I am completely at your service tonight. So come around in 50 minutes to this space. We will have bright, sparkling, snarky fun with this business. I only hope I don’t have to see much of Sway after the bore-me-to-tears pre-show: I have the suspicion that Sway doesn’t really have dreadlocks under that enormous cap, and that he is, in fact, smuggling a smoked ham or a goiter under the thing.
So come back at 8. We’ll have a big sarcastic blast.
UPDATE: Nicole Scherzinger, the lead pseudo-singer for the Pussycat Dolls, is doing one of the worst lip-synch performances I’ve seen this century. If you release a solo album ostensibly to prove your talent, you should not come off like the Victoria’s Secret version of the Numa Numa kid from YouTube. No wonder she didn’t make the main show.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 35920Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15377Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9806Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9680Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9189Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7926Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7748Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7269Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6212Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6004UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients