Random 10 for Oct. 19, 2007
1. The Beatles, “Yellow Submarine.” What can be said about this song that has not been said 7 billion times in the past? Sure, those seeking deeper meaning have always pointed out its apocalyptic undertones, of people living in submarines after the Cold War suddenly heated up and the only way to avoid blisters and roving bands of cannibalistic mutants is to live underwater, presumably harvesting krill or plankton to keep your shipmates from envisioning you as having a roasted turkey for a body.
But I digress. All I know is that my son, Sam, was having a bad morning today — screaming his perfect little head off on the way to daycare/work. He only quieted down while “Yellow Submarine” played. Those guys knew how to make the kiddies happy and blow the minds of their parents/older siblings.
5. Princess Superstar, “Wet! Wet! Wet!” — Concetta Kirschner has a mouth about as clean as gas station plunger, but because Princess Supe (and her testosteroney colleague, MC Paul Barman) never moved beyond cult status, parents groups never rose up against her, thereby securing Platinum sales and enough bling to spangle Long Island. She’s also now 36, which makes her Jean Stapleton in hip-hop years, and makes her two and half times as old as Miley Cyrus, so the music industry’s already got her on the (Logan’s) run.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients