KDGE in Dallas completely loses its sense of “Adventure”
I just learned from my friend and colleague at the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Preston Jones, that KDGE-FM in Dallas gave Josh Venable, host of the long-running alt-music show “The Adventure Club,” his walking papers on Friday.
This is sad news for anyone in Oklahoma City who used to schedule their Sunday return to Soonerland after a weekend in DFW to coincide with getting maximum time on the road with Josh. He has an encyclopedic knowledge of music and the taste to match, and “The Adventure Club” was always prime territory to hear both cool bands from Dallas and the latest imports from Britain.
But, this is how it’s going in radio now, and while it’s a bit of a cliche at this point to say it, I no longer have any reason to listen to what was once the best alt-rock station in the region. It is now indistinguishable from most of the “active rock” stations that are currently flogging twice-removed grunge to undemanding listeners.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients