Hacking Away at Smoke-Filled Rooms
The Oklahoma Alliance on Health or Tobacco (yes, that’s a strange or, but whatever) will be holding a press conference to support SB 1875, which would eliminate current exemptions that allow smoking to continue in some public establishments, including bars and smoking rooms in restaurants. SB 1875 is authored by Sen. David Myers (R-Ponca City).
The press conference is scheduled for 3 p.m. Wednesday at VZD’s, 4200 N Western, and local, presumably tobacco-free musicians will perform following the press conference. Definitely not a black lung affair.
I know a lot of smoky friends of Staticblog will be hating this, but passage of these laws are as inevitable as the sunrise or sunset — just ask your friends living on the coasts. It’s also inevitable, ahem (cough-cough), that certain establishments that have not benefited from the exemptions might be pushing really, really hard to level the playing field. Right? Right?
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 25487Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17319Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9536OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8741Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7985Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7943UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7139Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6051Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5454Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4574Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients