Live Blogging the Grammys and Other Feats of Strength
Beginning at 7 p.m. tonight, I will be live blogging the 50th Annual Grammy Awards, which will be broadcast live on CBS. I’ll be offering frequent updates on winners and commentary on the various personal victories and plotzing that takes place at these events, and will certainly be hoping that the Winehouse stays suitably corked during her performance.
I’m taking the rare opportunity to make some personal comments, mainly to shed light on how technology makes it possible for something like tonight’s live blog session to happen when, just a few years ago, it might have been impossible or too cumbersome to undertake. Two weeks ago, I had some outpatient surgery that, while minor in terms of surgical speed, has a difficult recovery. Then, to compound the problem on Thursday, I caught the virus that nearly everyone has right now, some kind of monster flu that reduces everyone to quivering masses. By Friday, I wondered if I would even be able to make the live blog happen, and NewsOK stopped promoting the event.
But, thanks to antibiotics, wi-fi, and the ever-increasing portability of technology, I am able to do this live blog tonight with a great assist from TiVo, which will help me get the quotes just right and manage my time codes. Even a couple of years ago, I would have had to schlep over to my home office, move a TV in there and try to approximate real time reporting while not feeling exactly peak. And without the current level of tech, there is no way I would have filed as many stories, reviews and posts as I have in the last two weeks, many of them from a decidedly horizontal position.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients