Random 10 for March 11, 2008
1. Charlotte Gainsbourg, “The Songs That We Sing.” Recorded with Air, this is a beautifully timeless pop song from last year’s 5:55. Gainsbourg is the daughter of one of pop music’s most brilliant dirty old men, the late Serge Gainsbourg, and an accomplished actress who gave a great but largely overlooked performance in I’m Not There.
2. Sufjan Stevens, “Opie’s Funeral Song.”
3. The Clientele, “E.M.P.T.Y.”
4. Klaxons, “It’s Not Over Yet.”
5. The Besnard Lakes, “For Agent 13.”
6. Antibalas, “War Hero.” Brooklyn’s 12-piece Antibalas was modeled stylistically and structurally after Fela Kuti’s Africa 70, and has been around for a decade but finally gained prominence with its 2007 disc, Security.
7. Ghostface Killah, “Be Easy.”
8. Crowded House, “People Are Like Suns.”
9. The National, “Mr. November.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 87014Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 81959Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 34908Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 32757Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 16053Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 13176Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 10447Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 8973Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 8697Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7832Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients