Random 10 for Dec. 13, 2007
6. Lily Allen, “Mr. Blue Sky.” No word on whether this Electric Light Orchestra cover is Lil’s next single. It’s serviceable enough, though her way with covers tends toward meeting the obvious needs of a song without stretching or adding anything new — her version of the Pretenders’ “Don’t Get Me Wrong” fell along the same lines. What we need is honest-to-goodness new material. But hey, can you beat that photo? It’s like Lily and Wino jumped into the Seth Brundle machine together.
7. Silver Jews, “Let’s Not and Say We Did.”
8. Curtis Mayfield, “Pusherman (Alternative Mix).”
9. Slobberbone, “Engine Joe.”
10. Ween, “Pink Eye (On My Leg).” From “The Mollusk”: a nice little waterlogged 4/4 synth figure punctuated by deathly moaning and dog barking. Just like Mom used to make.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12458Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11436Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6211Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5407Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4993Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4408OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3817Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3613How to help tornado victims
- 3586Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3014Oklahoma City Thunder: In his absence, Russell Westbrook's value becomes obvious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients