How I Met Your Unfit Mother
Last night, Britney Spears appeared on one of my favorite trad sitcoms, “How I Met Your Mother” (7:30 p.m. Monday, CBS), a show that succeeds due to great, disciplined writing; one of the best ensembles on current television; and something I’ll call an uncommon internal logic system — more than half of the events on the show only make sense or are funny because of who these people are and what they have done since the series premiered. In short, there are few random moments on “How I Met Your Mother,” or things that a recent Harvard Lampoon staffer has had rattling around in his Ivy-cultivated mind for a few years and could hardly wait to deploy on his first gig, no matter how inappropriate.
I was ambivalent about Spears appearing on “Mother,” mainly because (a) I don’t like anything about her, but (b) she is notorious enough to gain exposure for a show deserving of attention but underperforming at Nielsen. Spears played a ditzy receptionist/intern at a dermatology clinic, where Ted Mosby (Josh Radnor) is getting a butterfly tattoo removed from his butt (a long story involving heavy booze and spite).
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients