Random 10 for March 31, 2008
1. The Bird and the Bee, “How Deep Is Your Love?” Inara George sings the Gibb classic with such sweetness, delicacy and a desire to make it her own without resorting to desecration, she liberates the song from its disco-era moorings. No mean feat.
2. Black Moth Super Rainbow, “Forever Heavy.”
3. The Streets, “Never Went to Church.”
4. Club 8, “Whatever You Want.”
5. Al Green, “Thought It Out.” A leaked track from Green’s ?uestlove-produced next disc, “Thought It Out” sounds more like a classic Willie Mitchell-production than either of Green’s Mitchell-produced comeback discs of the past decade. But never mind the sonics – this is a magnificent vamp from Green, who sounds every bit as lean and ravenous as he did 35 years ago. Al Green is superhuman.
6. Dave Sardy and Liela Moss, “Giant.”
7. Liam Finn, “This Place is Killing Me.”
8. San Serac, “That Obscure Object of Desire.”
9. Wale, “Back in the Go-Go.”
10. Jim Noir, “All Right.” An airy dance track from Noir’s great new self-titled solo disc suffused with Vocoder and multitracked backing “ahhs” that split the difference between Brians Eno and Wilson, “All Right” is a beautifully dreamy rollerskating jam — prepare to wipe out on the rink due to head-in-the-clouds distraction.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients