Staticbox: Your Weekend Box Office Report for May 9-11, 2008
It’s hard to tell which is the bigger headline:
a. “Iron Man” tops the box office for second week with a $50.5 million take and loses less that 50 percent of its audience, or…
b. The Wachowskis’ “Speed Racer” crashes at $20 million.
Honestly, I had no idea that “Speed Racer” had so little cache — it only beat the Kutcher/Diaz cheese machine “What Happens in Vegas” by a measly $210,000. It’s a good thing Michael Bay had nothing to do with “Speed,” otherwise we’d be hearing nasty comments about how Emile Hirsch can’t open a movie.
Here’s the Top 5:
1. “Iron Man,” $50.5 million.
2. “Speed Racer,” $20.2 million.
3. “What Happens in Vegas,” $20 million.
4. “Made of Honor,” $7.6 million.
5. “Baby Mama,” $5.7 million.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 25487Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17319Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9536OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8741Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7985Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7943UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7139Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6051Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5454Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4574Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients