Random 10 for May 22, 2008
1. Supergrass, “Diamond Hoo Ha Man.” From the band’s bravura new release, Diamond Hoo Ha, which trades the contemplative tone of Road to Rouen for pure nasty glam.
2. Hot Chip, “Playboy.”
3. The Last Shadow Puppets, “The Age of the Understatement.”
4. John Legend, “Stereo.”
5. M.I.A., “Sunshowers.” From Arular, a somewhat less accessible disc than Kala, “Sunshowers” nevertheless offers one of that disc’s most pop-oriented moments.
6. Interpol, ‘Rest My Chemistry.”
7. MC Paul Barman, “Vulture Shark Sculpture Park.”
8. Bryan Ferry, “I Thought.”
9. Beulah, “I We Can Land a Man on the Moon…”
10. Goldfrapp, “A&E.” For fans of Alison’s more electro output, “A&E” splits the difference between her ultra-glam dance songs and the pastoral balance of Seventh Tree. While Tree has gotten an unusually chilly reception, I’m a sucker for anything that could pass as a soundtrack to the original “Wicker Man.”
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15991OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 14570Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 9562Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 9374Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 9102'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 8275Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 7661Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7564Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7457Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7060Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients