Random 10 for May 27, 2008
1. Portishead, “Machine Gun.” At first, I thought this was obnoxious atonalism, a great big Metal Machine Music finger wagged at their old trip-hop followers. But the melody unfolds beautifully if you give it time. Third is difficult, but it’s worth the effort
2. My Vitriol, “Always Your Way.”
3. Jim Noir, “Good Old Vinyl.”
4. William Shatner, “Ideal Woman.”
5. Bebel Gilberto, “Momento.” It’s in Portuguese, but Gilberto could be singing police reports from Sao Paulo’s homicide division and it would sound like sex.
6. Flight of the Conchords feat. Rhys Darby, “Leggy Blonde.”
7. Peter Bjorn and John, “Objects of My Affection.”
8. The Pogues, “Turkish Song of the Damned.”
9. Ween, ”Tastes Good On th’ Bun.” Ween’s fans are the best fans, especially the ones with far too much free time in between Scotchgard binges.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients