Random 10 for May 30, 2008
1. Weezer, Pork and Beans.” There are two Weezer modes that Weezer lovers love: “Blue Album” and Pinkerton. “Pork and Beans, from the “Red Album,” is very “Blue.” Given Mr. Cuomo’s antipathy toward Pinkerton, fans of the disc that birthed emo will be waiting a long time for such a foray, but as long as it doesn’t involve another trip to “Beverly Hills,” I think we’ll all be happy.
2. Funkadelic, “Cosmic Slop.”
3. Bis, “Powerpuff Girls Closing Theme.”
4. Charlotte Hatherley, “Behave.”
5. Flight of the Conchords, “The Most Beautiful Girl (In the Room).” “You’re so beautiful, you could be a part-time model.”
6. Ghostface Killah, “Beauty Jackson.”
7. Ween, “Spirit Walker.”
8. The Sleepy Jackson, “You Won’t Bring People Down in My Town.”
9. Iron & Wine, “Radio War.”
10. Red Hot Chili Peppers, “True Men Don’t Kill Coyotes.” No artist will be the same as they were 20 years before, and it’s safe to say that if that were true of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, they would all be in the same shape as Hillel Slovak. But of all the bands from the classic KROQ days, I wish the RHCP’s spirit and music today hewed closer to the original blueprint, a peculiar mix of seminal hip-hop, Frank Zappa and George Clinton. Because today, they could bore me into a coma.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients