Movie Review: “Get Smart”
By veering away from the tone and style of the Mel Brooks/Buck Henry original series, Peter Segal’s “Get Smart” deprives its audience and its usually hilarious star, Steve Carell, of any real fun. Like Nora Ephron’s revision of “Bewitched,” this is a classic case of filmmakers not trusting good source material.
Carell plays Maxwell Smart as a meek and mildly klutzy intelligence analyst for CONTROL, the government agency entrusted with derailing KAOS, the Eastern Bloc terror group led by Siegfried (a bored-looking Terrence Stamp). Smart dreams of being a hands-on guy like Agent 23 (Dwayne Johnson), but the Chief (Alan Arkin) doesn’t see Max that way.
Anne Hathaway in “Get Smart.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6223Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5055Oklahoma City psychiatrist fined $25K for letting students write prescriptions
- 4821Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients