Random 10 for June 23, 2008
1. Rilo Kiley, “Dreamworld.” Over the past couple of years or so, the Los Angeles indie pop scene seems to have been attempting to excavate the Topanga Canyon glory days of Rumours. “Dreamworld” formalizes it — I’m not even sure Lindsey Buckingham can write a Fleetwood Mac song like this anymore.
2. Aloha, “If I Lie Down.”
3. Otis Redding, “Change Gonna Come.”
4. Of Montreal, “The Repudiated Immortals.”
5. 3rd Bass, “The Gas Face.” Yes, that’s Busta in the beginning — what class — and MF Doom when he was known as Zev Love X. “L-Roy” Cohen gets the gas face, as do the rest of us.
6. Duffy, “Distant Dreamer.”
7. The Raconteurs, “Rich Kid Blues.”
8. Fight Bite, “Swiss Ex-Lover.”
9. Lily Allen, “Blank Expression.”
10. Shivaree, “Goodnight Moon.” The continued relative anonymity of Shivaree singer Ambrosia Parsley is ample proof that fame is an arbitrary thing indeed.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 99664Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16608OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13275Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8705Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8419Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8235How to help tornado victims
- 7896Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6964Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 6671Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6451Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients