Random 10 for June 24, 2008
1. Stars, “Your Ex-Lover is Dead.” The Torquil/Amy duets are always the best, and this captures their frosty chemistry at its finest, contrasting nicely with the opener, featuring a creepy old guy in a burning house.
2. J Dilla, “Wild.”
3. Beck, “Dark Star.”
4. Feist, “So Sorry.”
5. Lavender Diamond, “Like a Prayer.”
6. Starlight Mints, “Inside of Me.” The Mints indulge in the kind of arresting stop-action work that Peter Gabriel and the Talking Heads helped kick off during the mid-’80s.
7. Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins, “Born Secular.”
8. Brookville, “Golden.”
9. The Delgados, “The City Consumes Us.”
10. Propellerheads, “History Repeating.” No one ever accused Shirley Bassey of possessing too much nuance and subtlety.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21911Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17670Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12642Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10331Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9974Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9639Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7768OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7203Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 6526Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 5084Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients