Dubya at the Cineplex
I will say one thing for Oliver Stone — the guy ain’t boring. The new trailer for “W.,” his film chronicling the travails of the nation’s 43rd president, points to a movie that looks more like a Michael Moore wet dream (now that’s a pleasant image) than an ostensibly balanced biopic.
The casting alone is inspired. I love it that Barbra Streisand’s stepson, Josh Brolin, will play the title role (Brolin’s daddy, James, you might remember, played a dottering Ronald Reagan in CBS’ ill-fated 2003 TV movie on the Reagans). Never let it be said that “left-wing Hollywood” shuns the label of “left-wing Hollywood.”
The Bush loyalists are certain to gnash their teeth and wring their hands, but I, for one, look forward to what promises to be a steamy gumbo of unsubstantiated anecdote, free-floating paranoia, psychoanalytic drivel and okra (mmmm … okra). Stone mined similar territory in his 1995 picture, “Nixon.” I suspect “W.” will capture that same pitch of near-hysteria. Say what you will about Oliver Stone, but I’ll be first in line to the opening of “W.”
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients