Random 10 for July 30, 2008
1. Francis Dunnery, “American Life in the Summertime”
2. The Beatles, “Doctor Robert”
3. The Cramps, “Like a Bad Girl Should”
Defiantly, gloriously sleazy — but in a decidedly Bettie Page/Jayne Mansfield/Mamie Van Doren- retro sort of way — the Cramps might have basically cranked out the same song over and over, but what a song it was. The band dubbed its sound “psychobilly,” but I think their appeal went deeper, tapping into the fishnet-fueled fantasies of forbidden fetishes. Fantastic.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 81417Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31213Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 29647Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 24478Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8211Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7508Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7403Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
- 7284Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 7178Oklahoma storms: 2 Shawnee men victims of deadly tornado
- 6931Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients