1. N.E.R.D., Santogold and Julian Casablancas, “My Drive Thru.” Yes, it was created as a promotion for Converse’s anniversary, but the days of looking down our noses at musicians who gain exposure through advertising are long past. Prepare to be assimilated!
2. Her Space Holiday, “Sick at Best.”
3. The Cool Kids, “Action Figures.”
4. Remy Shand, “The Second One.”
5. Dearhunter, “Heatherwood.”
6. Junior Senior, “Move Your Feet.” Get your Atari 2600 on with Danes as they sing the best song Michael Jackson never recorded. You will smile, and you will like it. And for the love of all things holy, we need some new Junior Senior. I saw these guys open for Electric Six in 2003, and it was truly in my Top 10 of shows I’ve attended. People went crazy that night at the Green Door, and now with so many shows bypassing us and going to Tulsa, OKC desperately needs a return to those days.
7. Parliament, “Aqua Boogie.”
8. Alice Smith, “Woodstock.”
9. Simian, “When I Go.”
10. The Whigs, “Right Hand On My Heart.” Nothing wrong with wearing your Neil Young influence on your sleeve. Regarding the name: somewhere, Greg Dulli is pissed, but then again, that’s probably just a matter of course.