Random 10 for July 31, 2008
1. N.E.R.D., Santogold and Julian Casablancas, “My Drive Thru.” Yes, it was created as a promotion for Converse’s anniversary, but the days of looking down our noses at musicians who gain exposure through advertising are long past. Prepare to be assimilated!
2. Her Space Holiday, “Sick at Best.”
3. The Cool Kids, “Action Figures.”
4. Remy Shand, “The Second One.”
5. Dearhunter, “Heatherwood.”
6. Junior Senior, “Move Your Feet.” Get your Atari 2600 on with Danes as they sing the best song Michael Jackson never recorded. You will smile, and you will like it. And for the love of all things holy, we need some new Junior Senior. I saw these guys open for Electric Six in 2003, and it was truly in my Top 10 of shows I’ve attended. People went crazy that night at the Green Door, and now with so many shows bypassing us and going to Tulsa, OKC desperately needs a return to those days.
7. Parliament, “Aqua Boogie.”
8. Alice Smith, “Woodstock.”
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 22062Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13856Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 11034Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10900UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7641Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
- 7472Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6309Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 5703Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5621Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5179Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients