Song of the South: The Sequel
As amazing as Pixar family-friendly flicks go, there’s something to be said for the quaint charms of 2-D animation. So the dream merchants over at Walt Disney Studios deserve props for returning to the literal drawing board with The Frog and the Princess.
Due for release next year, the movie also marks the first Disney animated flick to feature an African-American princess. The story is set in New Orleans’ French Quarter and boasts a jazzy score by Randy Newman.
But take a gander at its newly released trailer and tell me there’s not something just a wee bit, well, racist about the toothless bug who pops up.
Who’s the voice talent for this flick, anyway? Michael Richards?
Somewhere, Uncle Remus is smiling.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10710Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10389Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10187Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9807Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6458Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4074Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4073Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 3712OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3641Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 3479How to help tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients