Random 10 for Aug. 20, 2008
1. The Dead Milkmen, “Dean’s Dream”
2. Be Your Own Pet, “Bitches Leave”
3. The Beastie Boys, “5-Piece Chicken Dinner”
4. Dogbowl, “Cyclops Nuclear Submarine Captain”
One of the more obscure avant garde curiosities to emerge from the Nineties was the enigmatically named Dogbowl (real name Steven Tunney). This track, from his 1991 album of the same name, nicely encapsulates his knack for infectious (albeit strange) melodies and lo-fi aesthetics.
5. Wheatus, “Something Good”
6. Juliana Hatfield, “Universal Heart-Beat”
Why did Juliana Hatfield disappear from the alt-public consciousness? Was it that damned Evan Dando’s fault? ”Universal Heart-Beat” was far from her best work, but, like the singer-songwriter herself, it’s kinda irresistible in spite of its by-the-numbers ethos.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 18732Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 15952Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 10745How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 2753Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 2638Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 2099Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 1489Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 1234Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients