Random 10 For August 26, 2008
1. Wire, “Kidney Bingos.” Wire spent most of the ’80s broken up, but returned in 1987 with The Ideal Copy and a follow-up EP in 1988, Kidney Bingos. No, it doesn’t make any natural sense at first, but the stream of consciousness list seems, along with the phrase “money spurs people on,” to constitute a cut-and-paste statement on consumer culture. It’s also extremely repetitive and catchy as hell.
2. Azure Ray, “Across the Ocean.”
3. Kunek, “Section 2.”
4. Bauhaus, “Ziggy Stardust.”
5. Goldfrapp, “A&E.” When Madonna adopted an icy electro-disco sound on her early to mid-’00s releases, she was dubbed “Oldfrapp” in the British press. Conversely, “A&E” sounds like Alison’s attempt to do a Madge ballad circa Ray of Light.
6. Ween, “Sweetheart in the Summer.”
7. Toby Young, “Ch. 4: How to Lose Friends and Alienate People.”
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90799Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 6362Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6064Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients