Random 10 for September 22, 2008
1. Loney, Dear, “I Am John.” While the first two minutes might make you think you’re listening to a lost B&S track, this Swedish single toughens up considerably at the midpoint crescendo. Much more in a chamber-pop vein with subtle Motown references.
2. The Dirtbombs, “Chains of Love.”
3. Feist feat. Chromeo, “Sealion.”
4. Pink Floyd, “Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts 1-7).”
5. Girl Talk, “Summer Smoke.” I have to hand it to the independent video artisan who tracked down the appropriate clips for this. And as an added bonus, it’s all synched.
6. Portishead, “Hunter.”
7. The Roots, “Here I Come.”
8. Ice-T, “I’m Your Pusher.”
9. Hot Chip, “Don’t Dance.”
10. Roxy Music, “Angel Eyes.” This was the discofied single version from Manifesto that presaged the New Romantic movement and basically provided the template for Duran Duran, not the far superior, more rock-oriented original, which ranks with some of the band’s best work. Where’s this new album we hear tale of?
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11434Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11103Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9903Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8455Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4574Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4269Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4107OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3554How to help tornado victims
- 3541Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3452Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients