Random 10 for Sept. 25, 2008
1. The Supersuckers, “Born with a Tail”
I’m going to make a bold statement right now, so hang on to your hat, or whatever else you might feel the urge to hold. The Supersuckers’ “Born with a Tail,” from the group’s rip-snortin’ 1995 album The Sacrilicious Sounds of the Supersuckers, is hands-down the best rock song ever about raising hell. “Hope I don’t run out of gas / Bet my sacrilicious ass / Ain’t nothing down there that scares me.” Eat your heart out, John Milton — here’s the real Paradise Lost.
2. Ice Cube, “The Bomb”
3. The Clash, “The Guns of Brixton”
4. Husker Du, “Could You Be the One?”
One of the few Husker songs that actually flirted, however slightly, with mainstream success, this 1987 track from the Minnesota-based group’s final album was a harbinger of Bob Mould’s pop flourishes to follow.
5. Little Richard, “All Around the World”
6. Terence Trent D’Arby, “Penelope Please”
7. Randy Newman, “Lonely at the Top”
8. Coldplay, “High Speed”
9. Lovage, “Sex (I’m a …)”
10. Superdrag, “Sucked Out”
Yeah, it’s a gimmicky song, alright, but I’m a sucker (get it?) for power-pop.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26051Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17463Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8771OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8410Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 8211UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7989Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7271Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6160Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5551Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4750Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients