1. Ra Ra Riot, “Dying is Fine.” This violin-drenched beauty from The Rhumb Line is perfectly accentuated by this clip that looks like children’s storybook. I mean, a dreadfully sad one that you’d read to your child if you wanted him to cry, but a storybook nevertheless.
2. Beck, “Readymade.”
3. Turin Brakes, “Red Moon.”
4. Parliament, “Testify.”
5. LCD Soundsystem, “Daft Punk Is Playing in My House.” And all the furniture is in the garage.
6. The Postmarks, “End of the Story.”
7. Steely Dan, “Daddy Don’t Live In That New York City No More.”
8. Miles Davis, “Rocker.”
9. Hot Chip, “The Beach Party.”
10. Supergrass, “Richard III.” One of the best and most tragically underrated bands of our time. This clip would be much better if Gaz Coombes were stalking around wearing a cape and a hunchback, but then again, most things would be, right? Presidential debates? Summer’s Eve commercials? Family reunions? All would be better with Gaz Coombes stalking around wearing a cape and a hunchback.