Random 10 for September 29, 2008
1. Ra Ra Riot, “Dying is Fine.” This violin-drenched beauty from The Rhumb Line is perfectly accentuated by this clip that looks like children’s storybook. I mean, a dreadfully sad one that you’d read to your child if you wanted him to cry, but a storybook nevertheless.
2. Beck, “Readymade.”
3. Turin Brakes, “Red Moon.”
4. Parliament, “Testify.”
5. LCD Soundsystem, “Daft Punk Is Playing in My House.” And all the furniture is in the garage.
6. The Postmarks, “End of the Story.”
7. Steely Dan, “Daddy Don’t Live In That New York City No More.”
8. Miles Davis, “Rocker.”
9. Hot Chip, “The Beach Party.”
10. Supergrass, “Richard III.” One of the best and most tragically underrated bands of our time. This clip would be much better if Gaz Coombes were stalking around wearing a cape and a hunchback, but then again, most things would be, right? Presidential debates? Summer’s Eve commercials? Family reunions? All would be better with Gaz Coombes stalking around wearing a cape and a hunchback.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients