Random 10 for Oct. 20, 2008
1. Ween, “Don’t S*** Where You Eat”
2. The Pernice Brothers, “Somerville”
3. The Rolling Stones, “She’s a Rainbow”
One of the more eclectic songs from the Rolling Stones’ Sixties catalog, “She’s a Rainbow” forgoes blues for puffy-shirted psychedelia, complete with a tinkling piano line and a twee string section arranged by future Led Zeppeliner John Paul Jones. Here, the bad boys perform the 1967 single on “Top of the Pops.”
4. The Young Fresh Fellows, “Do the Fonzie”
5. The Flaming Lips, “Buggin’”
6. Loretta Lynn with Jack White, “Portland, Oregon”
The coal miner’s daughter 2004 comeback album produced by the White Stripes’ Jack White, Van Lear Rose, proved to be an astounding marriage of two incredible, seemingly disparate talents. “Portland, Oregon” isn’t my favorite track on the record, but it’s still mighty fine.
7. Tom Petty, “Don’t Do Me Like That”
8. Woody Guthrie, “Dusty Old Dust (So Long, It’s Been Good to Know You)”
Being on the brink of worldwide economic collapse, maybe it’s time to brush up on our Woody Guthrie folks ballads and boxcar etiquette. I’m not sure where this musical montage came from, but I like it.
9. Hadacal, “Being with You”
10. Willie Mabon, “I Don’t Know”
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients