Random 10 for October 22, 2008
1. The Flaming Lips, “Waitin’ For a Superman.” Wayne’s greatest and most personal song is accompanied by a deeply emotional video, most of which was shot within one mile of my house. A classic — part of the Staticblog canon.
2. Lindsey Buckingham, “Show You How.”
3. Electric Light Orchestra, “Mr. Blue Sky.”
4. Brookville, “Beautiful View.”
5. The School, “Let It Slip.” A Norwegian ultra-twee band with prominent girl group echoes. The band released its latest disc last month, Destructive Sounds.
6. Dean and Britta, “Indian Summer.”
7. Nina Simone, “Why? (The King of Love Is Dead).”
8. The Rosebuds, “Blue Bird.”
9. Goldfrapp, “Eat Yourself.”
10. Utopia, “Crybaby.” This is one terrible video: some claptrap about a scientist finding a — duh! — utopian community where people wear modified togas and argue while playing some vague geometrically diverse card game. They should have just kept the performance clip running on the one TV they have in Rundgren’s civilization. I do have to say that Willie Wilcox had the most ridiculous and amazing drum kit ever. As for the song, it’s the kind of arena rock that makes you grudgingly give arena rock its props, but by 1984, Utopia would have had to play a wee arena.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 40139Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13141Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12793New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 9982UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 8099Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 7523Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7421Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 6832Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6583Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5521Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients