Random 10 for Nov. 13, 2008
1. Ted Leo & the Pharmacists, “You Could Die (or This Might End)”
2. Sugar, “Hoover Dam”
3. Kiss, “Detroit Rock City”
Like the Seann William Scott character in Role Models, I’ve got a soft spot in my heart for Paul, Peter, Gene and Ace. The band was my second-ever rock ‘n’ roll concert (the first, dear God, were the Bay City Rollers), as well as my third … and fourth. This 1976 TV clip of “Detroit Rock City” features, for whatever reason, a quick glimpse of Paul Lynde, obviously befuddled at being outside his comfort zone of the Center Square.
4. Tom Waits, “Temptation”
5. The Replacements, “Nightclub Jitters”
6. Devo, “Whip It”
7. The Fabulous Thunderbirds, “Wrap It Up”
Yeah, it’s certainly a cheesy Eighties relic of a video, but the 1986 song itself — penned by the late, great Isaac Hayes — is a straightforward blast of blues-based rock, well-served by the hearty vocals of Kim Wilson.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients