Random 10 for November 17, 2008
1. John Legend, “Green Light.” The Sound Opinions guys hit the bullseye on this one, and their assessment is an unfortunate one: John Legend seemed poised to be the great hope for modern soul, and yet he seems to be drifting away on his inappropriately titled new disc, Evolver. It’s pleasant enough, but Legend has lost his edge and is making by-the-numbers lurve man music.
2. Camille, “Ta Douleur.”
3. Modest Mouse, “Other People’s Lives.”
4. Neutral Milk Hotel, “Ghost.”
5. Original Cast, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, “Midnight Radio.” A truly perfect power ballad/showtune, and that might be the first time I’ve written that in my life.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients