Random 10 for November 19, 2008
1. Keane, “Spiralling.” A great new single from Perfect Symmetry, a deeply guilty pleasure considering that more than half of the disc sounds almost nothing like the Keane of a few years ago, and everything like, oh, Simple Minds or Icehouse. Icehouse (!) – holy crap, that’s an odd reference!
2. Otis Redding, “Shake.”
3. Death Cab For Cutie, “Long Division.”
4. Devo, “Head Like a Hole.”
5. Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins, “Rise Up With Fists!!” In which our heroine cops style tips from Donna Fargo or Lynn Anderson or Dottie West for a “Hee Haw” parody, begun with characteristic good taste by Great Schlep mastermind Sarah Silverman. All hail Sarah for getting the bubbies out, which as Chase can explain, is not as dirty as it sounds and doesn’t mean what you want it to mean.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 18759Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10409Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9339Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7780Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6796UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6582Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6498Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6410Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6209Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5448Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients