Random 10 for January 26, 2009
1. Franz Ferdinand, “Ulysses.” The first single from “Tonight: Franz Ferdinand,” shows a slight shake-up in Alex Kapranos’ methodology, where he’s incorporating more organs and Fender Rhodes into the mix and getting slightly more glam-sleazy. The “Sound Opinions” guys got it right: Kapranos needs to just morph into Bryan Ferry circa 1976 and get it over with.
2. Tegan and Sara, “Back in Your Head.”
3. Elvis Costello and Allen Toussaint, “Wonder Woman.”
4. Miles Davis, “Jeru.”
5. De La Soul, Jungle Brothers, A Tribe Called Quest, Queen Latifah and Monie Love, “Buddy.” Ah, the Native Tongues summit, 1989. But trust me: Q-Tip’s The Rennaissance will satisfy your craving for the way hip-hop should have evolved.
6. Bat For Lashes, “Prescilla.”
7. Digitalism, “Pogo.”
8. Patton Oswalt, “Steak.”
9. The Soft Boys, “Mr. Kennedy.”
10. TV On the Radio, “Dancing Choose.” Still trying to figure out what “Foam-injected Axl Rose” means, and wondering if I really want to know or just want to keep dancing.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients