Random 10 For March 26, 2009
Georgie James - Need Your Needs
1. Georgie James, “Need Your Needs.” You know, a little commitment would be nice. Georgie James came out with this great song and a strong alt-pop disc, Places, then promptly broke up. So, I supposed it’s on to the Laura Burhenn solo career, yes?
2. Stereolab, “Parsec.”
3. M.I.A., “Mango Pickle Down River.”
4. Cramps, “Human Fly.” When Lux Interior died last month, the initial report was that it was from a “pre-existing heart condition,” but apparently the cause was something called aortic dissection, which is a sudden tear resulting in massive blood loss. Absolutely terrible and scary. Eat your leafy greens, kids. Exercise. Stay in school, don’t do drugs.
5. She & Him, “Got Me.”
6. Public Enemy, “By the Time I Get to Arizona.”
7. Wale, “The Kramer.”
8. Yeah Yeah Yeahs, “Dragon Queen.”
9. Rick Shapiro, “Suburban Butts.”
Glasvegas - "Flowers & Football Tops"
10. Glasvegas, “Flowers and Football Tops.” When I first heard of Glasvegas’ interest in exploring ’50s doo-wop and rock ‘n’ roll as a starting point or key ingredient for its Brit-pop, I couldn’t have been less interested — been there, done that far too many times. This is different: Glasvegas songs have the same DNA, but the animal has evolved. Speaking of DNA, James Allan makes me wonder what Joe Strummer was doing in Scotland around January 1979. “Daddy’s Gone,” indeed.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients