For his latest solo disc, Since 1972, omnipresent L.A. drummer Josh Freese, who has played with every band in that town except maybe Eagles, is offering tons of add-ons for some purchase packages. In an earlier post, I listed the various combinations the Beasties are selling for the Check Your Head re-release, but Freese has created a $75,000 package for discriminating and recession-proof fans:
$75,000 (limited edition of 1)
* Signed CD/DVD and digital download
* Go on tour with Josh for a few days.
* Have Josh write, record and release a 5 song EP about you and your life story.
* Take home any of his drumsets (only one but you can choose which one.)
* Take shrooms and cruise Hollywood in Danny from Tool’s Lamborgini or play quarters and then hop on the Ouija board for a while.
* Josh will join your band for a month…play shows, record, party with groupies, etc….
* If you don’t have a band he’ll be your personal assistant for a month (4-day work weeks, 10 am to 4 pm)
* Take a limo down to Tijuana and he’ll show you how it’s done (what that means exactly we can’t legally get into here)
* If you don’t live in Southern California (but are a US resident) he’ll come to you and be your personal assistant/cabana boy for 2 weeks.
* Take a flying trapeze lesson with Josh and Robin from NIN, go back to Robin’s place afterwards and his wife will make you raw lasagna.