Random 10 for April 11, 2009
1. MGMT, Electric Feel.” Producer Dave Fridmann and our heroes get all soul-boy on us, meshing Quincy Jones disco with 3/4-time psychedelia. It will make you wanna dance, but you’ll probably break something with that waltz time signature driving the funk.
2. Hot Chip, “Down With Prince.”
3. Wale, “The Kramer.”
4. New Order, “Exit.”
5. Animal Collective, “My Girls.” The closest these Brooklynites have gotten to a pop song — ever. From Merriweather Post Pavilion, the collection that showed that Animal Collective could be accessible while still blowing minds.
6. Beanie Sigel feat. Jay-Z vs. Ratatat, “Glock Nines.”
7. The Connells, “Over There.”
8. Dean and Britta, “Night Nurse.”
9. Maria Taylor, “Lady Luck.”
10. Lily Allen, “Not Fair.” Lily uses her “Rawhide” number as an excuse to send up ’70s country music television. If that isn’t Porter Wagoner, it’s a remarkable simulation.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15391Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9463Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8117Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7214Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6364Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6332Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6331Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5818Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 5611Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5224UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients