Random 10 for April 20, 2009
Sorry for disappearing for a week — I was embroiled in that toxic phenomenon known as a “working vacation.” Now I’m at work and resting comfortably, as they say euphemistically in the medical profession.
1. Abe Vigoda, “Don’t Lie.” No, not actually Abe Vigoda, unless he’s gone completely bat guano crazy and started a cacophonous but melodic noise-pop band in Los Angeles.
2. The Clientele, “E.M.P.T.Y.”
3. British Sea Power, “Childhood Memories.”
4. VHS or Beta, “We Could Be The One.”
5. Andrew W.K., “Party Hard.” In addition to producing Lee “Scratch” Perry, Andrew has started a new band with Matt Sweeney and Don Fleming called The Brill Sisters. They’re supposed to play several dates this spring, and there’s no immediate indication whether the music will be this pile-drivingly and refreshingly annoying.
6. Fear of Pop, “Fear of Pop.”
7. Kelis, “Milkshake.”
8. Colin Munroe, “Lost Cause.”
9. Lily Allen, “The Fear (acoustic).”
Duffy - Rain On Your Parade
10. Duffy, “Rain On Your Parade.” Duffy got lost in all the Adele adulation at the Grammys this year — only one white British soul revivalist at a time, luv.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients