Random 10 for April 22, 2009
1. Lily Allen, “The Fear”
I tried resisting George’s brainwashing tactics as much as I could, but the last record finally turned me into a committed Lilliputian. Infectious melody, razor-sharp lyrics and loaded with attitude. What’s not to be entranced by?
2. The Fiery Furnaces, “Oh, Sweet Woods”
3. The Mull Historical Society, “The Final Arrears”
4. The Specials, “Nite Klub”
5. X, “The World’s a Mess, It’s in My Kiss”
I’m not really certain why this percolating, ultra-caffeinated punk gem is so powerful and weirdly relevant, but there yah have it. The clip, incidentally, is from the 1986 documentary, X: The Unheard Music.
6. Professor Longhair, “How Long Has That Train Been Gone?”
7. The Go-Go’s, “Turn to You”
Go ahead and smirk if you must. I make no apologies. Oh, and trivia buffs, take note: the video features a young Rob Lowe about a year before stardom really hit with …About Last Night– and a good three years before his sexcapades in a hotel room at the Democratic National Convention.
8. Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell, “Good Loving Ain’t Easy to Come By”
9. Camper Van Beethoven, “Une Fois”
10. Bruce Springsteen, “Downbound Train”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients