Random 10 for April 27, 2009
1. A.C. Newman, “Submarines of Stockholm.” One of the chief pop-smut artists of the New Pornographers goes it alone, and does so greatly. Perhaps he’d argue this point, but Newman seems like one of these artists who has more songs in his brain than he can physically churn out.
2. David Cross, “Weathermen, For the Most Part, Have Become Obsolete!”
3. Lupe Fiasco, “Real.”
4. Mercury Rev, “The Funny Bird.”
5. Beastie Boys, “Ch-Check It Out.” A recent episode of “The Unusuals” featured Adam “Pencil Boy” Goldberg pursuing a one-man band down a busy New York street to this song, and you can imagine the director seeing this footage and saying, “Yeah, if Goldberg weren’t an actor, he’d be a Beastie.” At least they didn’t go with “Sabotage” — that would have been too obvious.
6. McLusky, “Dave, Stop Killing Prostitutes.”
7. Peter Murphy, “Indigo Eyes.”
8. Wolf Parade, “Modern World.”
9. Linus of Hollywood, “Goodbye to Romance.”
10. Bat For Lashes, “Daniel.” Because I wanted to bring my productivity and that of many Staticblog readers to a grinding halt.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients