DVD Review: “Chandni Chowk To China”
“Chandni Chowk to China” is a digitally delivered headache, a frenetic, culturally insensitive disaster in which Bollywood superstar Akshay Kumar takes a scorched-earth approach to comedy, blighting all 2 ½ hours of this slapstick menace with his desperate mugging and scenery munching. No amount of enthusiasm for Indian cinema can compensate for this exhausting, painful time waster.
Sidhu (Kumar) is marking time as a lowly vegetable slicer at a roadside food stand in Delhi when two Chinese strangers claim he is the reincarnated war hero Liu Sheung. Upon arriving in China, Sidhu falls for the beautiful Sakhi (Deepika Padukone), who is on a quest to find her family origins, but Sidhu soon must confront Chinese mobster Hojo (Gordon Liu of “Kill Bill”) and his assassins, including Suzy Meow Meow (also played by Padukone).
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 83911Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 66115Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 33602Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 20416Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 18059Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 13064Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 9549Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 8530Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 8480Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 8114Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients